Aranda de Duero is a fantastic place to enjoy tapas, pinchos and wines, it is very popular all year round and especially during the Tapas Competition which is held every year at the beginning of spring.
Here is a list of some of the best tapas bars in Aranda de Duero to visit during your stay in the city, all tapas are accompanied by Ribera del Duero wines from local wineries:
If you want to know more about the wineries in Aranda de Duero visit our article “5 Wineries in Aranda de Duero that you must visit”.
Recommendations and Wine Bars in Aranda de Duero
Bar Morchón: This is one of the best known bars in the city for its famous suckling lamb tapa and its excellent wine list. If you want to try an authentic tapa from Aranda, you can’t miss this place.
La Raspa: This bar is another of the city’s favourites, with a wide selection of tapas, including some vegetarian options. In addition, its wine list is very complete and offers options for all tastes.
El Lagar de Isilla: Located in the heart of the city, this bar is an excellent option to enjoy traditional tapas accompanied by local wines. Its tapa of cecina with cheese is a delight not to be missed.
We also recommend it for being one of the few bars that has an underground wine cellar open to the public, which can be visited free of charge from the bar.
It always has a wide variety of tapas, which even allows you to taste their varied tapas table, with a great wine list available.
La Picara Gastroteca: a large design space located on one side of the jewel of Aranda de Duero, the Church of Santa Maria. A multifunctional space where you can have tapas and dinner in a great atmosphere.
Tapa for the Tapas, pinchos and banderillas Aranda de Duero competition.
Your tapa La Picara together with a wine made by Feliz Albillo Mayor (Feliz Compañía Vinicola).
10 days to taste the tapas, pinchos and banderillas of the Regional Competition of Aranda de Duero together with wines from Ribera del Duero.
Los Rastrojos: This bar is characterised by offering a wide variety of tapas, from the most traditional to the most innovative. In addition, its large terrace is perfect for enjoying a good meal outdoors.
Nuevo Coto Mesón Restaurant: located in the Plaza de la Constitución, one of the busiest places at vermouth time, a small bar with a terrace offering quality products and wines from Ribera del Duero.
Tapa in a bar in Aranda de Duero together with Ribera del Duero red wine.Cumpanis: Located in one of the busiest squares in Aranda, it delights us with very elaborate signature cuisine where everything is delicious, it is worth trying its varied menu.
El 51 del Sol Restaurant perfectly combines tradition and creativity. The tapas are fantastic and there is also a set menu during the week.
Tapa Restaurante 51 del Sol for the Tapas de Aranda de Duero 2023 competition.
Tapa Orejas y tendones to be tasted with Hoyo De la Vega wine (Bodega Valle de Monzón).
In addition to tapas bars, restaurants and steakhouses are also joining this initiative.
El Pastor: Traditional restaurant, a safe bet to eat lamb with delicious desserts, and great service, a great experience to recommend.
Asador y Terraza los Baldíos: Winery and restaurant where you have the option of having a Ribera del Duero wine outside with a tapa, very pleasant chillout atmosphere.
Competition tapa, Lolipop with coconut sauce and Roble Señorio de los Baldíos wine (Bodegas García).
Casa Silviano, a classic bar in Aranda de Duero in the centre of the alterne, where you can have a wine as they used to do in the old days with one of the many tapas of the fried food,
It participates in the pinchos competition with its tapa of versioned loin, Aparente and red wine Ribera del Duero Tinto Arroyo Joven (Bodegas S. Arroyo).
La Taberna de Raúl: This place is one of the most popular in the city for its excellent value for money. Its “patatas bravas” tapa is famous throughout the region, and its wine list is very complete.
These are just some of the many bars and restaurants you can visit during the Tapas Competition in Aranda de Duero, I hope you enjoy your stay in the city!
– Casa Florencio: Tapa Churra spring, with red wine Monteabellón Roble (Bodegas y viñedos Monteabellón) or Rosado tomas Gonzalez (Altos del Enebro).
– Black & White: you can taste the tapa Capacabana with wine Jardín de Nicolás (Bodega Peñacoba).
– Restaurante El Trasgu: tapa Lasaña Vegana and red wine Roble Biodinámica Aptús (Bodega Peñalba Herráis)
– Hotel Montermoso, pincho entre algodones and Figuero 4 wine (Viñedos y Bodegas Garcia Figuero)
– Tierra y Mar al Corte: RiBierzo is their tapa and you can taste it together with Lambuena roble 2021 (Bodegas Lambuena)
– Tío Juanillo; specialist in ham, their tapa is Sensación Juanilla with Tudanca Barrica de (Bodegas Tudanca).
– La Traviesa; always nice to have a tapa outside, its tapa La Traviesa can be tasted together with its wine Feliz Albillo Mayor (Feliz Compañía Vinícola).
– Cafeteria Tubular, a tapa with a peculiar name Tubulazt together with wine Jardín de Nicolás (Bodegas Peñacoba).
– Bocaboca restaurant Lounge Bar, its tapa Bloody Bambi and a typical wine Tierra Aranda Crianza (Bodega Tierra Aranda).
– Bar Casanova; mini tapa of suckling lamb churro with wine Flores de Callejo (Bodegas Félix Callejo)
– Restaurante El Cordero; typical barbecue restaurant with a tapa of Bardada de Bacalao and Ricardo 1 wine from the José María Rojo Ortega winery.
– Café Central: its tapa Eggs with chistorra sausage and truffle together with El Arte de vivir wine (Bodegas Neo).
– Aquí te espero; tapa; homemade meatballs with vegetable sauce. Accompanied by wine from Bodegas Raiz.
Bars in the region very close to La Ren Lecrés
In addition to Aranda, some of the bars in the region are also participating and we would like to take this opportunity to recommend some establishments that are very close to La Ren Lecrés;
Restaurante Rural Las Baronas (in Santa Cruz de la Salceda); their tapa this year is La Barona Castellana with wine Raiz Roble 9 months in cask (Bodegas Raiz).
La Casona de la Vid (La Vid), which has a restaurant and hotel next to the Monasterio de la Vid, as well as a winery, always has a wide variety of tapas and on this occasion is participating with Recorriendo Nuestra Tierra and its wine El Lagar de Isilla rosé or young (Bodegas El Lagar de Isilla).
El Viso (Gumiel del Mercado); tapa Taco de Bacalao con pil pil de Pacten y caviar de ajo negro and a very tasty wine Hoyo De la Vega Rosado (Bodegas Valle de Monzón)
Castillo de Izán (Gumiel de Izán) It is worth a visit to this restaurant between wineries; this year’s tapa is Torta del Castillo and wine from the winery next door Rosado Vega Izán (Bodegas Riberalta).